Saturday, December 3, 2011

Things that only another woman would understand.

Today I'm going to take a leap into a topic I have never discussed on my blog before, because well it's mine and I can. =) I am talking about that "gift" that is special to us women, that little visitor we get every month whether we want to or not. I swear it was a man that decided to call it a gift, cause us girls ALL know better. Don't get me wrong if mine shows up a few days past when it's expected, I tend to worry a bit. Since I had my tubes tied almost four years ago I know you understand. Once it rears it's ugly little head I'm ready for it to be gone again for another month.
The reason I bring it up is because I was told the funniest thing years ago and something sparked the memory. I think it was the reminder on the shopping list that I need to pick up those needed items for this month. Never a good thing to run out of. =)
As we girls know there are Nintygabillion different products that are available for us to use to make this time not quite so trying. There are pads, tampons, Diva Cups (EWWWW), and who knows what else. Now I know we all use different things for different reasons. I personally am a tampon person, however since the tubal the first day or so that is not a possibility. So pads it is. Personally I don't care for the "diaper" feel, but pain is not my thing either so I deal.
Getting back to the reason for the post. I know someone who is several (10) years older than I am. Who has never, ever, NEVER used a tampon. I know that in itself is not a big deal. However, I also know that most women at least try them once. Her reasoning for not though is without a doubt one of the funniest things I have ever heard in my life.. (If you have to pee... now would be the time). Don't say I didn't warn you.

She is afraid it's going to get....................................LOST!!! Like end up some place in her body lost.

When I heard this I literally burst out laughing. Anyone who knows anything about the female body, which being one you kinda have to figure she might know at least a bit, knows that it's just not possible. Plus correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that part of what the string is for?

So my question for my lovely followers is what is the craziest thing you have ever heard????

No comments: