Saturday, January 28, 2012

Family Time

Spending time with my family is one thing that always makes me smile. The entire house smells like chili. My first attempt at making it on my own, and it smells divine. Tastes pretty good too, if I do say so myself.
The kids are playing with Chase's firetruck. We're watching "Hook". Robin Williams does a fantastic job as Peter Pan, and Dustin Hoffman makes a wonderful Captain Hook. If you've never seen it I would definitely recommend it. It's a great kids movie. The next movie I'm planning for Movie Night is "Muppet Treasure Island", if I can ever catch it on at a decent hour.
I love being able to share movies, books, and other things that I enjoyed with my kids. It's nice being able to pass that along to them. Earlier Jean'-Luc read 3 books to Chase. One of them was "If You Give A Pig A Party" it's a sequel (kinda) to "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie". I love seeing them spend time together. Plus it gives Chase story time, and Jean'-Luc reading practice all at the same time. Also, right now in his spare time, he's reading "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
Very proud of Jean'-Luc. His hard work paid off this week. He got a 100 on his reading test, and a 100 on his grammar test. Can't wait to see what he does on his science and social studies tests this coming week.
My life is so very blessed right now. I have a husband I adore who I know adores me as well, great kids, and we're all healthy. Who could ask for more? Not me. Right now I'm a very happy lady.

No comments: