Monday, August 6, 2012

My poor blog

My poor, long-suffering blog. Unfortunately my blog takes a backseat to.........well everything. I find myself sitting down to write, and then I get distracted. It doesn't take a lot to distract me the hubby, the kiddo, something shiny.....Or I end up with a case of blogger's cramp. I have 90 million different things I want to blog about, and I sit down at my keyboard. Suddenly my mind is a blank page. I have no idea where all of the ideas have gone, except of course they are not magically entered into my blog. They are just gone. Until I get started on something else I need to do, then all of a sudden the blog ideas are all back, right where they were supposed to be. Still not on my blog, but luckily back where I can think about them. Until I sit back down at my keyboard again, then the nasty cycle starts over.

My blog today is dedicated to potty training...As moms/dads we've all been there. The kiddo is just about 100% day time potty trained. I say almost because he is his mother's child, and sometimes he gets distracted.  Ah well accidents happen. Luckily for me they are few and far between. Once we have this down I'll worry about nighttime. He sleeps so heavy that he doesn't wake up to go, and when he gets woke up he's ready to be up for the duration. Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. I need sleep, or I'm known to get slightly (don't giggle that's not nice) grumpy. At least we're making progress in the right direction.

Other happenings include the fact that most nights the kiddo sleeps in his own bed. Definitely a win for the grown ups. Now when he does try and get in bed with us, we can send him back to his own room. Not only does he go back to his room, he actually gets in his bed, and goes back to sleep. WINNING!! There is nothing like trying to share a bed with a 4 1/2 year old bed hog. I'm glad he's finally grown out of the need to sleep with us every night.

No comments: