Saturday, August 17, 2013

There's No Place Like Home

   There really is no place like home. After being gone from my hometown since 2005, we have come home. Being gone for so long has taught me several lessons that I know I personally will never forget. I have seen tons of the country. There are still places that I would some day like to visit. Notice I said visit, not live. One of the main things I learned in this journey is roots matter.

   Another valuable lesson: Be careful who you trust. We trusted someone who claims to be a "best friend". Turns out they were never a friend in any sense of the word. We have been home for almost a week and in that time I have spent just about everyday with my true Bestie! 23 years later and she is still the little sister (by almost a year. HA) I always wanted and never got.

  That old saying is true "You find out who you're friends are"! We have discovered over the course of the last week or so we have some very awesome friends and family. It's amazing that sometimes friends make better family than blood, and with the exception of the "friend" I mentioned in the first paragraph we have surrounded ourselves with some pretty exceptional people. I love you all more than you will ever know. As for that one exception my life is so much more peaceful without the drama.

No comments: